- Saraswati Puja 2018 - Please see the puja details below: Odia Community of Australia (ORIOZ Inc) celebrates Saraswati Puja 2018 Queensland New South Wales ACT, Canberra Victoria Western Australia South Australia Date and time 4 February 2018 10:30am – 4:30am 27th January (Saturday) from 11.00am to 6pm TBC 27th Jan 2018 10am – 4pm TBC TBC Venue Multicultural Centre ( Multicultural Development […]
- Newsletter – October 2017 - One of the most charming and pleasant month of the year has arrived with a lot of festivals like Navaratra, Dushera, Kumar Purnima, Dewali and Kartika fasting to name a few. People are celebrating with wearing new dresses, distributing sweets and attending lot of decorated mandaps .Our Odia members are also engaged with all these […]
- Ganesh Puja 2017 - Puja Fact 2017: A record number of 900 puja mandaps came up in Cuttack this year out of which 600 mandaps to take part in the immersion ceremony, as people here have started following the trend of Mumbai. In order to get rid of the traffic problem in the city, the immersion ceremonies this year […]
- Important notice: PIO cardholders - Please find important message below regarding last date for conversion of PIO card to OCI card in the attached artefact Conversion of PIO Card to OCI Card dtd 28.6.2017 Help us grow:
- Newsletter – June 2017 - UNMAAD is casting its spell on Orioz across Australia After the sensational launch in May by Team Victoria, UNMAAD, our next Sammilani has strayed its magic over this period and community is getting drawn in to the PAGALPAN! A call for the theme design has resulted in two creative pieces of art proposed for the […]
- Newsletter – May 2017 - Odia Community Monthly Newsletter May 2017 Bandhugana Namaskar! Hope you are all enjoying the glorious Autumn weather. The onset of cool weather has not dampened the spirits amongst our fellow Odias across Australia. Our community has been very active and busy in the month of April and and we have many events planned over next […]
- Newsletter – April 2017 - Cricket Match – Qld Orioz Qld community is having a cricket match on Sat 29 April at the Kalinga Park, Clayfield. 5 trophies have been sponsored by an external business company but an in-house sponsorship has committed one dollar prize money for every run made in a six!! The President of Federation of Indian Communities […]
- Saraswati Puja 2017 - Please see the puja details below: Odia Community of Australia (ORIOZ Inc) celebrates Saraswati Puja 2017 Queensland New South Wales ACT, Canberra Victoria Western Australia South Australia Date and time Sunday 5 February 2017. 10.30am Saturday 4 February12:PM pm to 3pm Saturday 4 FebruaryEvening Saturday 4 February10 am to 6pm Saturday 4 FebruaryMorning Saturday 4 […]
- Ganesh Puja 2016 - || ଶ୍ରୀ ବକ୍ରତୁଣ୍ଡ ମହାକାୟ ସୁର୍ୟକୋଟୀ ସମପ୍ରଭା ନିରିଭିଗ୍ନମ୍ କୁରୂ ମେ ଦେବ ସର୍ବ-କାର୍ୟେଶୁ ସର୍ଭଦା || Trivia You might wonder why Ganesh is truly one of the most popular hindu gods while there are many other of the same status or position that are far less well known. Well, that isn’t because of good marketing! Ganesh was […]
- Melbourne Raja 2016 invitation - Help us grow:
The migration of Oriyas to Australia started around 30-35 years ago. Only in the last 7-8 years however, we have seen a significant growth in our numbers. As we were experiencing this growth in migration from Orissa to Australia, the idea of creating our own community identity in this country started floating around back in 1998-99. Initiatives were taken by several members in different states, predominantly in NSW & VIC to formalise a community association of Oriyas. This was a particularly difficult task in the initial period as we were a small community, our members were scattered all over a vast country and we did not have a common place to get together and discuss matters of mutual interest.
We realised around 2002 that this dream can only be fulfilled if we join in at a federal level to create the required critical mass and work together towards achieving this common goal. Suggestions were made to start with a National Oriya Sammilani and continue it on an annual basis to provide a platform for common discussions. Incorporating all these suggestions, our first ORIOZ Sammilani was eventually hosted in 2003 at Wodonga, VIC. Close to 40 members from different places in Australia attended this historical event. After this success, the community got together with even more enthusiasm in the second ORIOZ Sammilani in 2004 at Megalong Valley, NSW. The second Sammilani turned out to be another success with 70 members attending from New South Wales, Victoria, Western Australia and Queensland.
It was decided in this second Sammilani through open voting amongst members who were present that we formalise the identity of our community thorough a federally registered community association with chapters for each state.
ORIOZ Inc was federally registered in Australia as a result of that decision in 2005. The organisation now is registered in all states of Australia and recognised by their Governments as the Association of Oriyas living in Australia. This is a journey that began with the formalising a registered body and we hope that our community grows in its prominence in Australia with time. And, over time, we have evolved to an emerging Indian community in Australia, and we have been able to define ourselves with a vision.WHO WE ARE
We are a collective of residents of Australia who originate from, or have connections to the state of Odishain India. Our vision is to sustain a Odia Community in Australia that is engaged, vibrant and inclusive.WHY WE EXIST
We work to build an active, engaged and inclusive Odia community in Australia. We maintain a community platform so that members can support each other for social and emotional wellbeing. We provide a community infrastructure and facilitate existing and newly arrived Odias to be active members of the local community and the Odia community of Australia.
We also maintain and nurture an Odia community for our young people so that they have access to their cultural roots and can strengthen their cultural identity.
We maintain our unique Odia identity with pride and contribute to the rich diversity of Australian society by celebrating, showcasing and sharing our culture. We make our presence felt locally and globally and keep our linkages to Odisha meaningful and purposeful.HOW WE ARE ORGANISED
We are one an Australia-wide organisation. The members of the Executive Committee are elected by members of Orioz across Australia. ORIOZ Inc is registered federally with ASIC (Australia Security & Investment Commission). Day-to-day governance of the organisation is managed by the Executive Committee (EC), guided by a constitution.OUR GOALS
An active, engaged and vibrant community : We will encourage all Odias living in Australia to become members of ORIOZ Inc. We will work to ensure that our members are engaged, connected and have a sense of belonging to the Odia community, with high level of participation and awareness about their rights and responsibilities.
Maintaining our unique Odia identity enriching the diversity in Australian society : We will make our presence felt as an emerging Indian community with unique identity. We will celebrate our culture and traditions along with the wider Indian community. We will showcase and share our culture with all Australians.
A well organised accessible community : We will position ORIOZ Inc. as the first port of call in Australia for any Odia who is seeking basic information on Australia for settlement purposes. We will develop and form relationships with individuals, groups and institutions with common interests.
We think and act locally and globally : We will let the global Odia community know that the Odia community in Australia is a collective of citizens active locally and globally. We will encourage our members to be active citizens of Australia while maintaining our linkages to Odisha purposeful and meaningful.
A professional & functional organisational base : ORIOZ Inc will have a professional but inclusive culture. Practices and processes, both formal and informal, will be underpinned by robust community engagement processes. Due diligence, policy and protocols will safeguard the organisation’s credibility and repute amongst its members and its stakeholders.
Preparing the future generation : ORIOZ Inc and our community will provide a platform for the young Odias in Australia to grow up as active and proud citizens with a strong sense of self identity.
We have succeeded in continuing with our biennial national level get-together, the Sammilanis. We recently met at Wisemans Ferry in New South Wales over Easter break 2014. It was our 7th Sammilani. Please click here to read a report published on Orissadiary.
Since 2005, when we got ourselves registered as an Incorporated, we have had 3 Executive Committees.
|Years||State Reps||Treasurer & Deputy Treasurer||General Secretary & D General Secy||Executive Advisor||Vice President||President|
|2016-2020||WA – Mahesh Sahu
SA – Akash Pattnaik
NSW – Asit Nayak
(Previous - Satya Prakash Arya)
VIC – Rajiv Mohapatra
ACT – Anup Das
(Previous - Abhinas Patro)
QLD – Srikant Tripathy
|Bighnaraj Mohanty, WA – Treasurer
Ritesh Mishra, NSW – Deputy Treasurer
|Sashank Mohapatra, VIC – General Secretary
Aryama Acharya, VIC – Deputy General Secretary
|Manoj Nayak, QLD||Pravati Panigrahi, ACT||Sujeet Jena, NSW|
|2012-2016||QLD-Mitali Chhotray & Debasish Das
NSW-Meena Rath & Satya Arya
VIC-Sambit Das WA-Dipankar Srigyan
|Nalini Pati||Shantanu Padhi||Rajendra Padhee|
|Sujeet Jena||Rajendra Padhee||Govinda Mishra||Tapas Senapati||Rajsekhar Acharya|
|2005-2008Founding EC||NSW-Debjani Mohanty||Jagdish Atre
|Subash Pradhan||Charu Chandra Mishra||Rajsekhar Acharya||Bharadwaj Mishra|